Stand behind our mission to put knowledge to work in Schenectady County.
Share your love for our dedication to improving our community.
Your donation directly supports our programming in Schenectady County communities.
With your help, we can look forward to another 100 years in Schenectady County!
Every donation, regardless of size, makes a huge difference!
Your Gift Helps
Typically funded by federal, state and county dollars,
Cooperative Extension offices across New York State rely on a variety of funding
sources to maintain our programming- with an emphasis on local expertise, research-based education, and serving the local needs of the citizens we serve.
Every gift, regardless of size, helps
us maintain our leadership in your community. Your
private gift helps fill-in-the-gaps so we can continue to share our resources with Schenectady County families.
Show your Support for our Leadership - Make a Donation to Cornell Cooperative Extension, Schenectady County
You may have previously benefited from the
services and programs we offer, and wish to share access to those same
resources with other members of our community.
Or perhaps you’re also knowledgeable about the needs of Schenectady County, and believe in our
ability to develop local leaders, build meaningful partnership, and empower individuals.
Or you may wish to honor someone else with your gift to CCE,SC. You can make a memorial donation to honor a loved one who has volunteered with Extension, or honor a loved one who has dedicated their life to community service, gardening, agriculture, nutrition, or protecting our environment.
Your Gift Helps
Your donation ensures that we can
continue our mission to improve the health, wellness, and vitality of our
neighbors and our environment.
Did you know that:
- $20 provides a Master Gardener Volunteer with a soil test kit, enabling them to help their neighbors understand and improve their soil quality for growing vegetables and flowers or improving their lawns, shrubs, and plants
- $50 provides a young mother with
an empowering opportunity to gain access to baby supplies they might not
otherwise have access to, through our Health Schenectady Families program.
- $60 helps us provide scholarships to develop local leaders in environmental sustainability, who teach their neighbors about recycling, composting, and reducing solid waste through our Schenectady County Recycles program- Master Composter-Master Recycler
- $80 helps us provide scholarships to children ages 3-5 to provide them with educational opportunities to learn about gardening, pollinators, and soil through our Horticultural education program Little Diggers
- $250 sends a local teenager to a 4-H Youth Development Career Exploration conference
- $1300 helps us provide employment opportunities and professional development for local teens through our Harvest Share-Roots & Wisdom program- a summer youth / community supported agriculture initiative.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schenectady County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your cash or in-kind gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Your gift will be acknowledged by a letter that you may use for tax purposes. Gifts may be made to our general fund (to be spent in the area of highest need) or may be directed to a program of interest.
To donate through paypal please click here.
Checks may be payable to CCE,Schenectady County
Last updated April 12, 2018