Congratulations on considering becoming a 4-H leader! Being a 4-H leader is one of the most rewarding volunteer experiences with youth. Here are the steps you need to complete to begin a 4-H club!
1) Have an open heart and mind.
2) Be a safe adult who kids can trust.
2) Contact your local 4-H educator. In Schenectady, that is Rachel Lee her email is email@example.com and her phone number is (518) 372-1622. She is happy to help at any step of the process!
3) Fill out our adult volunteer background check form:4-H_volunteer_forms_(1).docx and return it to Rachel at 107 Nott Terrace, Suite 301, Schenectady, NY 12308.
*Once you have passed your background check*
4) Find some interested kids, these kids could be your children, children from your neighborhood, school or house of worship.
5)Enroll the youth in 4-H using our youth enrollment forms:4-H_Member_Enrollment_paperwork.docx and fill out a club charter request form:4-H_Club_Charter_Request_Form.docx and a group enrollment form:4-H_Group_Enrollment_Form.docx to make an official 4-H club.
6) Have any other adults who volunteer with the club fill out their own 4-H adult volunteer forms:
7) You are now an official 4-H club! Remember that 4-H staff are always available for any issues that may arise and for advice.
Last updated July 26, 2019